Corporate Sustainability w/ Grégoire Verdin
Updated: 3 days ago
It’s a big myth that profit and sustainability don’t go together. In fact, for more and more companies, you can't have one without the other. At Sula, India’s largest winery, sustainability is more than a philosophy, it’s something that guides how they do business. Grégoire Verdin joined Sula Vineyards as Brand Ambassador and Head of Tastings and Training in December 2018. His aim is to raise wine awareness in India and help wine drinkers enjoy Sula’s portfolio!
He shares five ways to help your business go green, no matter how big or small it is.
1. Set targets: just like everything else in life, without targets and a plan of action, the likelihood of achieving your goal is low. Figure out what you want to do and the best route to get there.
2. Solar panels: this is one of the easiest ways to save power. At Sula, 60% of their energy is produced by solar panels.
3. Going paper free: every company should be working toward a paper-free environment. From virtual meetings to online reports, there’s no excuse for printing reams of paper that will only be useful for you for a day.
4. Electricity: this seems like a no-brainer but at Sula, none of the air conditioners are permitted to go below 22 degrees Celsius. This is great for saving both power and money.
5. Recycle: never stop recycling! From your clothes to wine bottles, and electronics to food waste; there is a way to recycle, up cycle, compost or reuse almost anything.
As we know, there is really no plan(et) B so it’s about time that we start making a change in the way we work and live.
5pm // Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020